Subject: Re: [boost] Review request: auto-index tool
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-24 13:04:43

On 1/24/2011 5:02 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> [...]

snipped...

> So I feel we need to encourage library authors to produce:
>
> 1 PDF version as well as HTML (and so use Quickbook?).

Is there some simple doc on how to produce PDF from Quickbook ?

> 2 Quickbook and Doxygen reference section.
>
> 2 Doxygen comments in C++ code about everything. (Perhaps GSoC or
> Boost.Guild people could volunteer to do this?).

If by "Doxygen comments" you mean comments in the implementation portion
of the code, I do not see the value of this to the end-user. OTOH
perhaps you mean the normal Doxygen documentation which generates the
Doxygen reference section.

> 3 Auto-indexing of functions.,classes ... as standard. (So we need to get
> auto-index into next Boost release package).
>
> 4 Conventional word index - Indexing of words in the text.
>
> 5 A user-friendly Quickbook template so new authors can get going quickly.

This would be very nice. In order to produce the docs for my sandbox
libraries I borrowed from you and others but there really does not seem
to be an official Quickbook template to use.