Subject: Re: [boost] [1.46] Last few merges needed?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-27 12:01:48

On 1/27/2011 10:48 AM, Joachim Faulhaber wrote:

>>> Hmm. The effect makes Boost.Icl almost unusable for users that include
>>> <boost.thread.hpp> somewhere before icl stuff. On the other hand the
>>> fix is pretty trivial. But well, the decision is up to you.
>>
>> Sure.. But isn't it just as "easy" to tell users to swap the includes
>> around?
>
> Most developers that I know would rather be offended by software that
> comes with a plea attached to it to please first move your includes
> around. ...
>
>> Note.. I'm only being annoying because we are already running rather
>> behind on the release :-(
>
> Such last minutes surprises are always not very welcome, I know ... I
> won't take your decision personal ;)

After a brief talk on IRC.. How about if you..

1. Add a test to show the problem in trunk. Passing with the fix in it
of course.
2. Wait for the beta to get done.
3. Then you can ask again to make this change after the beta is out. And
we'll likely say yes.

And as always.. Please make such a request with pointers to diffs,
tests, trac tickets, etc. As it makes it faster to evaluate.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything