Subject: Re: [boost] [string] proposal
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-29 15:53:48

Dean Michael Berris wrote:
[snip lots!]
> Does that make sense?

No, sorry. I'm trying to decide whether

(a) You're describing general problems that I should know about but don't.
(b) You're describing problems that apply to advanced architectures
(NUMA) that I have limited experience with.
(c) You're confused, and these problems don't exist at all.

Have you ever had the experience of talking to someone, maybe in a job
interview, and thinking "this guy is either a genius or an idiot but I
don't know which"? That's what I'm getting here. I hope that wasn't
too honest! Sadly, I don't have enough time to delve any deeper.

Regards, Phil.