Subject: Re: [boost] One thing at a time: let's move to Git
From: Daniel Pfeifer (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-31 05:14:24

Am Montag, den 31.01.2011, 10:26 +0100 schrieb Mathias Gaunard:
> I offer we take one step at a time: let's simply move from svn to git,
> and not do anything else.

Doing one step at a time is a good idea. I think everybody agrees.
Moving to git is a good idea too, in my opinion, but I don't think that
everybody agrees! Further, the move to git is a rather big step.

I think we first have to agree on a process. Then we need an approach
that allows us to move one project at time. So that those comfortable
with git may already make the move while the others may continue with
svn.

You are proposing three steps:
1. Move a bulk of 80 projects to git.
2. Migrate 80 projects to another build tool.
3. Modularize 80 projects.

I propose 80 steps:
1. Migrate the first project.
2. Migrate the second project.