Subject: Re: [boost] Process discussions
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-31 08:17:26

On 31 January 2011 10:32, Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm with John here. And I can say this: we, the top commiters have no
> complaints about the tools. We will use whatever tools are available.
> (at least I speak for Hartmut, John, Volodya and I; but I have a strong
> feeling that Steven and Daniel agree too).

I'm actually a bit of a tool geek, but I tend to 'mute' those
discussions because if I joined in I'd never escape. FWIW I develop
off line using git-svn. Git wasn't my first choice of version control
system, but none of the others had good enough subversion integration.
I think others have explained the problems with using git for boost,
and unless they're addressed I don't think it's viable.

Anyway, git is old hat, we should use fossil.

Daniel