Subject: [boost] [Boost Graph Library] larger neighborhood in grid_graph
From: Hannes Schulz (schulz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-31 11:07:06

Hi all,

i recently discovered grid_graph and found it quite useful so far.

However, I would prefer a larger neighborhood in the graph (e.g. 8 instead of
4 for 2D; 26 instead of 6 in 3D). I already started looking into copying and
modifying grid_graph.hpp accordingly, but cannot entirely anticipate the
complexity of the problem. Therefore I decided to ask here first:

- Why did the developers restrict grid_graph to "orthogonal" neighborhoods?

- Is a modification of grid_graph worth it, or am I going to throw away
        everything anyway and should start over anew instead? (without the wrapping
        overhead, which I do not need)

Thank you very much!

  Hannes