Subject: Re: [boost] Git vs SVN - review
From: caustik (caustik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-31 14:17:25

The question is not "is GIT better than SVN?"

The question is "is GIT so much better than SVN that the gains
post-migration far exceed the costs associated with ramping up developers to
the new setup + the amount of time to actually execute on the migration"

To be clear - I couldn't care less about which way it goes, I just chimed in
because I could emphasize with the people who just can't be bothered to deal
with changing revision control system, and thought the analogy conveyed that
perspective. From what I've heard, git is pretty legit, but I'm a late
adopter and prefer the comfort of familiarity over always hopping onto the
latest thing before it's really matured.