Subject: Re: [boost] One thing at a time: let's move to Git
From: John Wiegley (johnw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-31 14:53:36

Mathias Gaunard <mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I think there is already a non-modularized version of Boost on git
> somewhere. What else needs to be done?

Mathias, I'm currently working on a conversion to Git that faithfully
preserves *all* past history. The current boost-svn.git mirror out there on
the Net does not do this, and so is not sufficient for us to move to in my
opinion.

I'll post here when I get closer; I'm about 95% complete with the process,
which directly rewrites Subversion dump files into their corresponding Git
objects, paying especial care that no change is lost from any revision's set
of transactions.

John