Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Modularization
From: Anthony Foiani (tkil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-01 00:41:01

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:

> However, I'm thinking that it's premature to do anything [about
> modularization / namespaces] but set a few policies for new
> libraries and submissions.

Would modularization of mostly-stable libraries be a place where
experienced boost contributors could work with / mentor newbies?

This would help bring new contributors up to speed, and (hopefully)
reduce the actual work required of the original/current owner of a
piece of code.

To be clear, I would expect the modularization mechanism and design to
be executed by the experienced contributors; once an outline of
direction is made, the "newbie" could work towards building a coherent
submission that would create a sane stand-alone repo of the modular
component, and hopefully also a patch to the core that would switch
that module from being "in-core" to being "imported".

(Apologies in advance for all the scare quotes.)

Best regards,
Tony