Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Moving beyond arm waving?
From: Oliver Kowalke (k-oli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-04 04:00:10

my two cents:

first I'm using git (at work) and it would be happy if I could use it for boost too.
git is a little bit difficult to use at the beginning (when you are more familiar the possibilities you get outweigh this)
so IMHO it makes no sense to switch from svn to git and forcing people to use git.
I would suggest (if not already done) that the main repo remains managed by svn (with regression tests etc.) and for git we setup an alternative boost repo (for instance at http://gitorious.org).
The svn-history should be importable into git and the changes pushed to the git-repo could forwarded to svn at daily (?) basis (and vica versa).
The developers can use svn or git as what they prefer.

Oliver