Subject: Re: [boost] Case study: Boost.Local versus Boost.Phoenix
From: Rob Riggs (rob_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-04 09:31:18

On 02/04/2011 05:35 AM, Artyom wrote:

> I'm sorry is it only me or it would be much more readable
> and maintainable to write:
<snip>
No, you are certainly not the only one. Your code is much easier to
understand. As someone who spends a good portion of time every week
doing what amounts to "software archeology" (maintenance programming) on
code written by very smart programmers with varying degrees of expertise
and experience over the course of 20+ years, I completely agree.
> Am I the only person there who thinks that such constructions
> are "write-only" and don't provide real benifit?
Again, no. The points you make are spot on.

Rob