Subject: Re: [boost] [config] Request for BOOST_SYMBOL_IMPORT_VISIBLE ?
From: Mostafa (mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-07 01:31:05

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 07:00:50 -0800, Alexander Arhipenko
<arhipjan_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Mostafa, unfortunately I did not completely understand scenario 2).
> Am I correct that you want to export function foo from B library,
> function bar from C library?
> All of them return reference to MyShape that resides in library A.
> Why not require B's, C's users to link library A?
> I guess it's possible to re-export MyShape from B and C library on gcc
> platform
> but can't be easily achived on msvc.

You're right, the correct solution is to have users of Library C link to
both Library B and Library A. (I had an incorrect fear that depending on
the order of linking, Library B would somehow hide Library A's symbols
when they linked to Library C.)

Mostafa