Subject: Re: [boost] Subject: Formal Review of Proposed Boost.Process library starts tomorrow
From: Oliver Kowalke (k-oli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-07 03:31:05

I did a brief look into the docu and the "informal review" thread.

I would suggest to provide a function indicating if you are running on POSIX or Windows platform:

class process {
static bool is_posix();
}

The lib could provide an encapsulation for testing the exit code against
WIFEXITED, WEXITSTATUS, WIFSIGNALED, WTERMSIG, WIFSTOPPED, WSTOPSIG, WIFCONTINUED, WCOREDUMP (as the old version of boost.process did).

Sending signals (SIGSTOP, SIGCONT, SIGKILL, etc.) to the process would also be possible.

In the case this functionality is used on Windows paltform without testing process::is_posix() you could raise an assertion.

Oliver