Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] Subject: Formal Review of Proposed Boost.Process library starts tomorrow
From: Christopher Jefferson (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-07 15:23:23

This is only a short review.

I installed boost.process on ubuntu and ran some of the examples. The library appears well documented and works correctly.

I have previously used a process library I created myself. Boost process has much more functionality than my library, and I will use it if it accepted into boost.

I would prefer it if the library had some simple helpers for simple uses. In particular I would like an example which runs a simple program like "ls" and captures all output and the return value.

In conclusion, I would believe from my brief review boost.process should be accepted. I would like to see more examples showing simple uses, and if these examples turn out to be more than a couple of lines, simple wrapper functions which help users with simple use cases.

Chris