Subject: Re: [boost] [spirit.phoenix] Phoenix test coverage
From: Jim Bell (Jim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-07 15:51:05

On 1:59 PM, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
>> >From names in the spirit regression test matrix
>> <http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/spirit.html>,
>> I see these four with phoenix in the name: dedent_handling_phoenix,
>> lex_dedent_handling_phoenix, lex_set_token_value_phoenix,
>> set_token_value_phoenix.
>>
>> When I search for phoenix in all libs/spirit/test code, I see references
>> in 104 files, so tests span more than just above four.
>>
>> But how well do phoenix's tests span its content? Is this documented
>> somewhere?
> Tests for Phoenix V2 are not run at all, IIUC. This will change only when/if
> Phoenix V3 has been moved to trunk after its mini-review. The tests you're
> referring to are Spirit specific tests using Phoenix features.

Looking at what's already released, libs/spirit/phoenix/test, I see what
looks like a full suite of tests, and when I run bjam on them I get 45
tests passed (on MinGW gcc-4.4/win-32) and one failure.

So the full compliment of tests is there and likely known to work on a
couple platforms, just not run by the regression mechanism.

Thomas and Vincente -- thanks for the v3 input, too.

For the record, here's the failure (MinGW gcc-4.4/win-32):
====== BEGIN OUTPUT ======
Direct Init -1, 3.14
Abracadabra 987, 9.87e+032
scope\dynamic_tests.cpp(68): test 'clos.real() == clos.num() * 1e30'
failed in function 'int main()'
Hello World 579, 10.2478
scope\dynamic_tests.cpp(74): test 'clos.real() == clos.num() / 56.5'
failed in function 'int main()'
Assertion failed: called_report_errors_function, file
..\..\..\../boost/detail/lightweight_test.hpp, line 42

way.

EXIT STATUS: 3
====== END OUTPUT ======