Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] Subject: Formal Review of Proposed Boost.Process library starts tomorrow
From: Ilya Sokolov (ilyasokol_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-08 02:00:49

On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 23:22:24 +0500, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> AMDG
>
> Review part 1, documentation:
>
> * Introduction: eg. should be e.g.
>
> * create_child:
> since the argument is the path to the file, why
> don't you take a boost::path, instead of a string?

Then what type to choose for context::env?

I stated my opinion on the i18n problem earlier:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/207745

> * It seems like redirecting a stream to a file should
> be supported. Maybe it can be done with inherit,
> but it isn't immediately obvious and I'd rather
> not deal with handle::native_type at all.

+1

> [snip]
>
> * Why do you have to pass a native handle to
> pipe's constructor. Can't it be overloaded
> to take a handle?

I'm not sure which pipe do you have in mind. Probably that means
that the names bp::pipe, bp::stream_behavior and bp::stream_ends
are not perfect.

> [snip]
>
> * std::string context::work_dir; boost::path?

see above