Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] Subject: Formal Review of Proposed Boost.Process library starts tomorrow
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-08 05:28:59

On 07/02/11 23:58, Boris Schaeling wrote:
> As Marshall announced that the formal review of my library has
> started I'd like to provide some information which is maybe helpful
> for those interested in submitting a review. [...]

This may be off-topic in this thread, but I think it's a good occasion
to touch this subject.

Why the review is discussed on the boost-users mailing list?

The review manager is supposed to announce review on boost and
boost-announce lists *only*. The results however go also to boost-users.
I don't understand why the review is being conducted on boost-users.
Even worse, it's cross-posted!

Signal to noise ratio on the Boost mailing list has been worse than ever
recently and if we start cross-posting reviews, it's going to become a
chaos impossible to monitor and participate in. I am not trying to
mother to anyone. I simply regret there is lack of self-discipline in
the Community regarding the ml participation.

Best regards,

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org