Subject: Re: [boost] [interprocess] sharing memory between 32 bit and 64 bit Windows processes
From: Arno Schödl (aschoedl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-08 11:39:33

Hello Ion,

I think we have a possible solution: Making size_t/ptrdiff_t always 64 bit makes the same offset_ptr work fine in both environments, and solves similar problems in rb_tree_best_fit as well. We have a prototype working.

Can we template the size_t/ptrdiff_t size into offset_ptr? For example:

template <class PointedType, class DifferenceType=ptrdiff_t> class offset_ptr;

Then all other classes could derive their size_types and difference_types from their pointer type as unsigned/signed std::iterator_traits<pointer_type>::difference_type. Is that ok with you?

Cheers,

Arno

--
Dr. Arno Schödl | aschoedl_at_[hidden]