Subject: Re: [boost] Preliminary review request for (Boost) QVM
From: Vicente Botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-08 12:47:48

Emil Dotchevski-3 wrote:

> This is a library for working with Quaternions, Vectors and Matrices
> of static size. A type traits system is used to enable generic
> namespace-scope (operator) function templates that implement various
> Q, V and M operations for any (user-defined) compatible type.
>
> The library also defines view proxies which provide lvalue or rvalue
> access to objects as if they are of a different type. For example,
> col<1>(m) refers to column 1 of the matrix m as if it is a vector.
> This system works without creating temporary objects, and should enjoy
> zero abstraction penalty with most compilers (assuming inlining
> works.)
>
> The online documentation is at http://revergestudios.com/boost-qvm.
>
> Complete source code and documentation can be downloaded here:
> http://revergestudios.com/boost-qvm/boost-qvm.zip.
>
> Note: QVM supersedes (Boost) LA which was submitted for preliminary
> review about a year ago. It adds a few missing pieces (most notably
> support for quaternions), uses shorter names for types and functions,
> and is organized into fewer header files.

Hi,
I have updated the wiki
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReviewScheduleLibraries#Boost.QVM.

I had read the LA documentation recently and I find it very clear and a
clean design (even if the names are sometimes too short ;-)

BTW, I guess that the Dim in quat is 4

        struct quat
        {
            T a[Dim];

Do you have some performances respect to other LA libraries with runtime
dimension?

I wish you to find a review manager soon.

Best,
Vicente