Subject: Re: [boost] [atomic] Status?
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-09 10:41:46

>> > as it seems this important library is orphaned, it will be great if people
>> > having the needed competences could go ahead and make the library ready for
>> > review. Is there a volunteer to lead this group.
>> >

>> Helge has been signed off sick for multiple days - we should wait until
>> next week.
>
> I have personal interest in this library going through.
>
> If there is anything needs to be done to speed up review process and I can
> help please let me know.

i've been using boost.atomic in my lockfree library. from my experience, it is
well designed, but it would benefit from some contributions to support more
platforms. there is some fallback code using a spinlock pool, but native atomics
for compilers other than gcc are still missing.
so it would be great if people, who are using unsupported compilers could
contribute some implementations ...

tim

--
tim_at_[hidden]