Subject: Re: [boost] Patch to make code_converter flushable
From: Eddie Carle (eddie_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-09 22:40:27

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 18:21 -0600, Jim Bell wrote:
> Start with a Trac ticket <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/query>. (I
> searched for code_converter in iostreams tickets but didn't see this.)
> Set all the fields carefully, including Milestone and Version, and add
> yourself to the Cc.

I guess I should have thought of that. It is done now.

<http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5174>

> But don't stop there. Get in touch with the author (see
> libs/maintainers.txt in your boost distribution), and propose it to
> him. If his e-mail is out of date, maybe someone on this list could
> help find him. It's all up to the maintainer. Pitch it to him as
> requiring very little of his time. It appears he hasn't been around
> for a while, based on posts to this list.

I have noticed his inactivity as well. I sent out the email and am
hoping that he gets back to me. What happens if he is incognito? Would
there still be any mechanism to pursue this if that is the case?

> Hope that helps.

It helps a lot. Thanks for the reply.

--
        Eddie Carle