Subject: Re: [boost] TTI library updated in the sandbox
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-10 15:31:09

On 2/10/2011 11:51 AM, John Maddock wrote:
>> I do understand that using Boost in the namespace names and macros
>> makes it easier for a dependent library, but I always thought that one
>> should not do this until a library is accepted. Perhaps I am wrong
>> about that, in which case I can easily change things. Is there any
>> official Boost policy about whether a potential Boost library should
>> use boost:: as a top-level namespace and BOOST_ as a macro preface
>> before the library becomes part of Boost itself ?
>
> I don't think there's an official policy, although it's common for
> submissions to come packaged with all the right namespaces and
> macro-names etc.

OK, I will change my libraries in the sandbox to use boost guidelines
regarding filenames, boost:: as the top-level namespace name, and BOOST_
starting any macro names for their next release. I had been hesitant to
do this as I thought it would be seen as developers intruding on Boost
standards for libraries which are not yet part of Boost. But as long as
it is acceptable and encouraged there is no reason not to do it
especially as other developers may want to use those libraries.