Subject: Re: [boost] Subject: Formal Review of Proposed Boost.Process library starts tomorrow
From: bruno romano (brommul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-10 19:20:55

Hi, I use Boost::process::status, and it's a very simple and efficient
implementation for working with asynchronous operations on process.
But have restriction for use, as cited. I think you should give a chance.

And all implementations use ASIO, Is no longer a different implementation,
more code more bug, and if some people need understand or create a new
feature and already know boost.asio, is simple.

I think try implements this idea is good. And Windows I don't know =).

typedef enum {
  wait_default, // using thread+waitpid per-process on POSIX OS
  wait_using_sigaction, // install signal handler
  wait_using_sigwaitinfo, // install signal handler
  wait_polling, // poll all waiting pids for end, when
                          // requested - for example by user's signal
                          // handler
} wait_method_type;

Bruno