Subject: Re: [boost] [UTF String] UTF String library 1.5 ready for perusal
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jhellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-11 14:36:30

On 2/11/2011 11:21 AM, Thomas Klimpel wrote:
[...]
> The take-away for this discussion is that forward iterator and any of its refinements like bidirectional iterator and random access iterator have to return a reference in operator*.

Just curious, do you have any idea what standard library implementations
at present actually rely on this?

Was this addressed at all in C++0x? I.e., were the iterator concepts
formally "orthogonalized" to separate access concepts from traversal
concepts, as outlined in the Boost.Iterator library?

'Cause disallowing proxy references on random access traversal and
bidirectional traversal iterators...that sucks.

Sorry to change the topic... :/

- Jeff