Subject: [boost] Errors in "getting started" documentation
From: Loïc Joly (loic.actarus.joly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-12 18:11:33

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the 1.45 version on windows, with VC++2010. I
noticed several errors in the documentation. I think they are really
important, because installation is the first thing people will ever
encounter from boost, and if the installation procedure is buggy, people
might decide not to look any further.

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_45_0/more/getting_started/windows.html#get-bjam

If we get a prebuild bjam program, the compilation step will fail. We
need to get a bjam by executing the bootstrap file in the distribution,
not by downloading it.

http://www.boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/reference/tools.html#bbv2.reference.tools.compiler.msvc

This section does not refer to msvc 10.0, so it may look like this
compiler version is not supported.

(btw, should this kind of problem be reported in trac or here ?)

Regards,

--
Loïc Joly