Subject: Re: [boost] [config] request for BOOST_NO_FWD_STD_DECLARATION
From: Christian Holmquist (c.holmquist_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-16 08:52:35

On 16 February 2011 07:40, John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> libc++ does not allow forward declarations of types for std:: , as it uses

> useful.

I find forwarding of std::containers very useful, and have needed to write
my own in the past (of course, nonportable).
There's are a big overlap in different boost libraries that does the same,
and for users such as myself.

Can't this be taken one step further, and introduce something like
boost/details/stdfwd.hpp, or maybe boost/stdfwd.hpp?
In the case where forwarding is not possible, stdfwd.hpp would have to
include all std::containers

- Christian