Subject: Re: [boost] Serialization of std::shared_ptr
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-16 14:38:38

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:20 AM, Loïc Joly
<loic.actarus.joly_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm using the std::shared_ptr provided with MSVC 2010. I'd like to be able
> to use boost.serialization to serialize some of those shared_ptrs. I could
> find an old thread stating that std::tr1::shared_ptr were not handled (and
> it looked impossible to make them work). Is the situation the same with
> std::shared_ptr?

If serializing std::shared_ptr/weak_ptr is impossible then I must have
done the impossible in my serialization lib. :)

Tricky yes, but not impossible, it just has to be done
non-intrusively, but the facilities needed to support that are also
needed in other non-trivial serializations.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.