Subject: Re: [boost] PCH support for clang-linux (clang-darwin tester needed)
From: Jürgen Hunold (juergen.hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-20 09:44:41

HI wash,

On Tuesday, 15. February 2011 18:13:34 Bryce Lelbach wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:06:08 +0100
>
> Jürgen Hunold <juergen.hunold_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > /usr/bin/ld: error:
> > /home/hunold/src/devel/boost/bin.v2/libs/math/build/clang-
> > linux-2.9/debug/sph_neumannf.o: requires unsupported dynamic reloc;
> > recompile with -fPIC
> > clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> > invocation)
> Jurgen, can you try again from top of trunk?

Tested again on Friday, still broken

> I need to rewrite a good portion of the clang-linux and intel-linux
> Boost.Build toolchains to work with PCH.

Sound like a lot of work.

> The compile.c++ and compile.c rules need to not be updating rules for
> clang-linux and intel-linux. They need to dispatch to one of two rules
> which do have actions, allowing us to specialize the action for compiling
> w/PCHs instead of trying to generalize a command line invocation that both
> works for compiling with pchs, and will work when the PCH_FILE variable is
> empty.
>
> Nothing I did should have affected the -fPIC stuff. I'll check, though.

Well, it used to work ;-) I've just added -fPIC to my user-config.jam entry for
clang, but that is no real solution.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold       ! Ingenieurgesellschaft für
* voice: ++49 511 262926 57       ! Verkehrs- und Eisenbahnwesen mbH