Subject: Re: [boost] encouraging review managers -- was Re: Review Request: Variadic Macro Data library
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-20 16:52:46

2011/2/20 Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>:
> At the same time the process for a library submitter finding a review
> manager for his library seems very odd to me. One posts a message on this
> mailing list and hopes someone responds saying that they are willing to be
> the review manager. if no one responds, what does one do then ?

As Luke Simonson pointed out in another thread, authors of successful
libraries ask. Approach people, that you know from discussions,
directly and personally. Go to BoostCon and give a talk about your
project. Meet people and ask them if they would be willing to be
review manager for your library. That's most effective.

> In a real way I would rather a review wizard go through a list of people
> which he knows are knowledgable and experienced enough to be a review
> manager and contact each of those people until he finds one to be a review
> manager for a library. It would be much easier than placing the burden of
> finding a review manager for a library on the library submitter.

You're not living in reality here. Why should the Review Wizards take
on such a tedious work to pamper your personal project? Do you think
they don't have enough pressing work to be done? Although the web-site
gives a different impression, it is the most important steps for an
author to find a review manager in order to get his library into a
formal review.

* First you find a review manager
* then you ask the RVs if your RM is acceptable
* then you usually get your library scheduled pretty quickly

This is how things are working currently in my experience.

Best regards,
Joachim

--
Interval Container Library [Boost.Icl]