Subject: Re: [boost] encouraging review managers -- was Re: Review Request: Variadic Macro Data library
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-21 02:12:43

2011/2/21 Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>:
> On 2/20/2011 4:52 PM, Joachim Faulhaber wrote:
>>
>> Although the web-site
>> gives a different impression
>
> That's the impression I go by.
>
> , it is the most important steps for an
>>
>> author to find a review manager in order to get his library into a
>> formal review.
>>
>> * First you find a review manager
>> * then you ask the RVs if your RM is acceptable
>> * then you usually get your library scheduled pretty quickly
>
> My library is already scheduled using the protocol which Boost describes.

It's not difficult at all to get listed on the review schedule. The
difficult part is to find a review manager.

There are libraries that are staying in the queue for many months even
years and nothing happens while libraries that are entering the queue
that have a review manager are scheduled and reviewed within weeks.
I'm not saying this to bother you. It's just my experience from the
last 3 years.

The Review Schedule on the boost web-size says:
"Reviews are usually scheduled on a first-come-first-served basis"

Yet in fact it has been a last come first serve process most of the
time. And the crucial point is finding a review manager.

Regards,
Joachim