Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Talk: "How I Code" (?)
From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-24 02:13:23

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Brian Schrom <brian.schrom_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Since I likely won't be able to attend Boostcon yet again, my $0.02
> favorite "How I code rule" is:
>
> You must copy, i.e. cut and paste, the code at least once, possibly
> twice, before making a function out of it through refactoring.

I like that your rule -somewhat- contradicts Denis' "duplication is
evil". But if you are not there to talk about it, we will miss the
subtleties, and Denis' side will "win". :-)

> I think this is a great idea for a talk and if it is made available on
> the video site afterwards, I'd be very interested in watching it.
>
> Brian

There should be videos (eventually) afterwards. See
http://blip.tv/search?q=boostcon. But it is definitely not the same
as being there.

Tony