Subject: Re: [boost] About task library
From: Jorge Lodos Vigil (lodos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-24 13:58:28

On 2011/2/24 Oliver wrote:

>Am 24.02.2011 19:01, schrieb Jorge Lodos Vigil:
>> The bound queues used in thread pools always causes the thread submitting task to wait if the queue is full.
>>In our use cases, we need to fail the queuing, rather than wait. Is there any interest in adding this functionality to the library? In case there is I could perform the programming and testing.

>You can solve your problem related to bounded-queue by useing the
>unbounded-queue in order to queue tasks as much as you want (no blocking).

Thank you Oliver, but what I need is a thread pool with a limited queue and non-blocking task submission mechanism. The queue size may be changed at runtime, but there is always a maximum. If the queue is full, the submission must fail instead of waiting.
I had not seen tasklet library before, I see now the refactoring you are talking about. Please consider adding a bounded non-blocking queue for using with the thread pool. If you need anything I'll be glad to help. I'll probably use the current task library version anyway.
Thanks again.

Cheers
Jorge