Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Current status
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-02 14:27:21

On 03/02/2011 03:04 AM, Vicente Botet wrote:

> I would propose that any accepted library move to the trunk as soon as it is
> accepted and the author make the needed modifications on the trunk. My
> experience while introducing Boost.Ratio and Boost.Chrono has been that it
> is really interesting to have the result of the regression tests as soon as
> possible, in order to avoid bad portability designs.
>
> What was the experience of other authors?

I don't mind merging the library to Boost trunk, if the review manager
allows that. Portability testing would be very useful, indeed.

However, I have concerns about Boost SVN performance. I recently updated
my local copy of the release branch from somewhere about 1.45 to 1.46.
It took nearly a day to complete, with dozens of errors and manual retries.