Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Boost.XInt formal review
From: Chad Nelson (chad.thecomfychair_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-02 19:43:20

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 14:16:38 +0000
Christopher Jefferson <chris_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> One brief early comment, to help reviewers (and the author).
>
> The library has a small problem which prevents it compiling with clang
> (and possibly other compilers) [...] On lines 85 and 89 of
> boost/xint/integer.hpp, remove the 'typename'. [...]

Thanks. I've tested this locally, and it caused no problems with MSVC or
GCC, so it'll be in the next update.

> One serious (but small) issue which will have to be addressed before
> the library is accepted. The 'secure' flag at the moment I believe
> cannot be trusted to work. [...]

Ouch. :-( Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I (obviously) wasn't
aware of it.

> I am happy to help clean this up, and produce a general solution, if
> required.

I'd happily accept a patch that corrects the problem. If you'd prefer
not to, I'll run the fixed code by you before releasing it.

--
Chad Nelson
Oak Circle Software, Inc.