Subject: Re: [boost] SVN slow again?
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-04 08:08:16

2011/3/4 John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]>:
>>> I've been trying and failing to check out a copy of the release branch
>>> the last two days - I keep getting SVN timeouts.
>>
>> It sounds like you're trying to make a whole new checkout every time when
>> your checkout fails.
>>
>> Do you realize you can just do svn update and it will continue where it
>> stopped?
>
> Yes, I'm trying to do an update, I don't get more than half a lib at a time
> :-(

I experienced the same menace when I tried to checkout trunk and
release branch for the first time using (checkout + update^n) end of
last year. Getting a working copy took a whole day with many
interruptions due to timeouts (sometimes leaving the working copy in
obscure states, which made subsequent cleanup/workaround activities
necessary). It was pretty awful.

Now that I am working incrementally with trunk and release branch it's
not pure joy but I can live with it.

Joachim

--
Interval Container Library [Boost.Icl]