Subject: Re: [boost] [context] implementation comments
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-04 15:18:47

Am 04.03.2011 20:06, schrieb Sebastian Redl:
> On 04.03.2011, at 19:16, Oliver Kowalke wrote:
>> Many of the stl container don't use their allocators - for instance std::list allocates its internal data structures with new (allocator can not applied) - therefore I believe it would not make sense to parametrize fiber with an allocator.
> I don't know what std::list implementation you are referring to, but it's buggy. A standard container has to use its allocator for *all* allocations. That's what rebind is for.

stl::set of gcc-4.4.5 does not use its allocator

C++ standard 23.2.1:
'... are called only for the container’s element type, not for internal
types used by the container. [ Note: This
means, for example, that a node-based container might need to construct
nodes containing aligned buffers
and call construct to place the element into the buffer. — end note ]...'