Subject: [boost] [config] Unable to locate boost main tree
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-04 15:48:40

Hi John,

I have an up to date copy of boost trunk on a new machine (u233)
running RHEL 6.0 kernel (Santiago). You can see the results on the
trunk page under Ornl-intel-11.1.064. For some reason the configure
script is having trouble locating the boost main tree. I tried adding
--with-boost=... to no avail. Is this a recent problem or perhaps
this is the first attempt under 6.0?

Any ideas?

-- Noel

[bkn_at_u233 config]$ ./configure
*** ./configure: boost configuration utility ***

Please stand by while exploring compiler capabilities...
Be patient - this could take some time...

Note that this test script only gives an approximate
configuration - you will need to test the results carefully
using the boost regression test suite before using the results.

***

Info : .cpp used as extension for tests
checking for boost main tree... not found
configure: error: The boost main tree was not found.
   Specify its location by the --with-boost option.