Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Boost.XInt formal review (Chad Nelson)
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-07 10:29:16

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 8:26 AM, Stewart, Robert <Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> While Chad has apologized for such outbursts, almost profusely so, I do think it important to raise a point that's been troubling me for some time regarding Chad's participation on the list, not just during this review.  Chad's default reaction to criticism has too frequently been to lash out, rather contrary to the advice he gives above.

Robert,

I have no sense at all of Chad's posting history here, so I am not
agreeing or disagreeing with your assessment above. That said, I have
always viewed the review process as—at least in part—a test of the
submitter's constitutional ability to participate effectively in the
Boost community throughout the life of his library. These kinds of
factors should IMO be taken into serious consideration by reviewers
and the review manager in determining whether the library is to be
accepted.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing