Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Boost.XInt formal review (concrete complaint)
From: Chad Nelson (chad.thecomfychair_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-07 22:54:23

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 18:24:42 +0100 (CET)
Ivan Le Lann <ivan.lelann_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> (snip)
>> Unless you
>> explicitly tell the library to use CoW on external objects, it will
>> deep-copy them, so each call to async will get its own storage.
>>

> Ohhh ... I only get now what you meant with "external objects". I
> forgot you have only limited COW. Sorry for my slow brain.
>
> This might explain why XInt was significantly faster when I added
> byref arguments. I exspected marginal speedup and got 30%.

Probably so. I've just finished that change myself (slow today, I took
several hours away from the computer for a change). I've found an
internal class that might need to be move-enabled before I try running
the CoW/move tests, so I probably won't have a chance to finish them
tonight.

--
Chad Nelson
Oak Circle Software, Inc.