Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] XInt Review
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-09 12:40:36

AMDG

On 03/04/2011 01:22 PM, Joel Falcou wrote:
> On 04/03/11 22:17, Marsh Ray wrote:
>> Is it a requirement for Boost that every new library be
>> state-of-the-art in its use of compile time polymorphism?
>
> Maybe, maybe not. Now, I remind you that Phoenix have been delayed as
> being
> accepted into boost the first time, consensus being it has to use
> proto to be accepted.

Phoenix is a very different case.

a) We already had Lambda which provides the same basic
    functionality.
b) The choice for phoenix was between using expression
     templates with proto or without proto. The choice here
     is between using expression templates with proto and
     not using expression templates at all.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe