Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Boost.XInt formal review
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-09 13:10:25

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 07:19, Chad Nelson <chad.thecomfychair_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm leery of looking at any GMP code... it's probably pure paranoia,
> the GPL can't apply to just *looking* at code, but I'd rather stick to
> descriptions to ensure that my code doesn't resemble anyone else's and
> nobody can claim that I've copied from them.

Your paranoia may be justified:

"The courts have made it clear that, under copyright law, proof of
substantial similarity between your work and another work, along with
proof of access to the other work, may be enough to prove
infringement, even when you don’t realize that you’re making a copy."
~ <http://rosenlaw.com/lj8.htm>