Subject: Re: [boost] [MPL] Maintenance, patch applciation etc
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-09 20:20:21

On 12/28/10 19:13, Maxim Yanchenko wrote:
> Hi Joel,
>
>> Currently there is 36 trac item on MPL and I remember a page with a ncie
>> list of future work to go to.
>
> You probably mean this page:
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostMplRoadmap
>
>> Instead of bitching around, i want to propose me as a "co-maintainer" or
>> w/e the proper term is.
>> I have a small amount of free time i want to dedicate to this.
>
> It will be greatly appreciated!
>
> Btw, that page doesn't have a Meta::if_ by Sergey Shandar, a device that can
> simplify all if_/enable_if/lazy_enable_if enchilada. I remember there was a
> discussion in the lists and the feedback was very positive but I can't find
> it now.

There's also the if_recur template:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/variadic_templates/boost/mpl/if_recur.hpp

The comments in the code reference a section of Turing Award paper
about functional programming and show how if_recur implements a
pattern described in that paper. It can be used to implement:

  while loop
  reverse_fold
  fold

A haskell implementation appears here: