Subject: Re: [boost] xint review is closed
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jhellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-13 21:42:34

On 3/12/2011 4:41 AM, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Boosters,
>
> the formal review of XInt library is now officially closed. Thanks for
> everybody for comments. Of course, it's fine to let ongoing discussion
> lead to conclusion, and I'll be watching those discussions.
>
> The review was relatively heated, and many experienced folks expressed
> radically different opinions. Therefore, coming up with yes/no result
> is not easy, and won't happen overnight. Instead, I plan to summarize
> on the issues raised by March 21, Monday to see whether we all are on
> the same page at least about issues, and then come up with final review
> result by March 28.
>
> Thanks,
> Volodya

And thanks to you, Volodya, for taking on the task of managing this review.

And thanks also to Chad for submitting a concrete big integer proposal
for review, no matter the outcome. I know there's been some criticism
from my end regarding Chad's submission, but I still recognize the large
amount of effort Chad has put into the project and I think it has, at
least, definitely moved the idea of a C++ big integer library as a whole
forward.

- Jeff