Subject: [boost] Looking for a speaker
From: Sergey Razin (srazin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-16 12:35:51

Hello!

Perhaps not on a topic of a particular library, but as a contributor to boost as well as big fan of opensource I felt it would be appropriate to post this request here.
One of the largest in southeast open source conferences "Palmetto Open Source Conference" will take place in Columbia, SC March 23-25. Link: http://www.posscon.org check out speakers, contributors and sponsors, tracks, etc. As one of the key contributors I felt that we are very much lacking C and python representation, and for that what's better then Boost? In addition x0 is on the way with boost in it, the interest is there...!
I am looking for a speaker. Preferably a key member of the boost community and/or boostcon speaker. I know that's sort of a short notice, but the event is FUN (check out), sponsorship is welcome but not required, and as a speaker you just have to show up and enjoy all the perks. If you interested to participate and you fall in the above mentioned category please contact me @ sergey.razin_at_[hidden] or via this mailing list (whatever is easier).
Certainly if you interested to attend, please feel free to contact me as well and we will work out deal for you (especially if you bringing a group).

Not many people know about boost, but they should, and certainly it will open up consulting opportunities as well (a couple of major firms in the area are looking).

Looking forward for your email.

Thank you!
Sergey