Subject: Re: [boost] [Parallel Graph] MPI installation procedure
From: Julian Gonggrijp (j.gonggrijp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-16 13:32:15

Cosimo Calabrese wrote:

> Yes, I've tried the follow 2 config (separately):
>
> 1)
> using mpi : : <find-shared-library>mpic++ ;
>
> 2)
> using mpi : : <find-shared-library>lammpio <find-shared-library>lammpi++
> <find-shared-library>mpi <find-shared-library>lam
> <find-shared-library>dl ;
>
> But they both fail, it seems not be able to find some Open MPI includes.

2) is taken directly from the example on the Boost.MPI website, right? But
that's just an example, for the case when you're using LAM/MPI. It won't
work in your case because you're using Open MPI. It will probably look
more like this:

using mpi : : <find-shared-library>openmpio <find-shared-library>openmpi++
             <find-shared-library>mpi ;

You'll have to consult the Open MPI documentation to find out what exactly
to fill out there.

> Is there a place where I must specify the Open MPI include path?

I'm not very familiar with MPI compiler wrappers (or with MPI in general,
so if anyone more informed can help please do so), but if your MPI headers
are not in your CPPPATH then yes, you should probably specify the Open MPI
include path in your Jamfile. Like this:

project : requirements <include>C:/wherever/you/put/openMPI ;

You can find the entire Boost.Build documentation here:
http://www.boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/index.html

HTH, Julian