Subject: [boost] Boost profile for ODB
From: Boris Kolpackov (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-17 10:40:46

Hi,

I would like to briefly mention that we have released the Boost profile
for ODB, an open-source object-relational mapping (ORM) system for C++.
The Boost profile provides glue code that seamlessly integrates various
Boost components, such as smart pointers, containers, and value types,
with ODB.

This initial release of the profile covers the most commonly used types
from the smart_ptr, unordered, and date_time Boost libraries. For example,
now we can easily persist a class like this:

#pragma db object
class employee
{

  boost::gregorian::date born_;
  boost::unordered_set<std::string> emails_;
  boost::shared_ptr<employer> employer_;
};

For a more detailed discussion of the Boost profile, see the following
blog post:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog/2011/03/16/odb-1-2-0-released/

Or refer directly to Part III, "Profiles" in the ODB Manual:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/odb/doc/manual.xhtml#III

Boris