Subject: Re: [boost] [random] Major update
From: Mostafa (mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-17 19:50:32

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:47:36 -0700, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

<snip>

> * Renaming:
> - Whenever I renamed a class, I provided a wrapper
> with the old name. There are also using declarations
> in namespace boost for everything that I moved.
> - The names of a few accessors in the distributions
> changed. I left both the old and the new names in place.

Are you/is there a way to notify, preferably at compile time, that said
wrappers and old names are deprecated or are going to be deprecated?

> A few thing I know about, but haven't changed:
> * lagged_fibonacci comparison is not technically
> correct. It's possible for operator== to return
> false in some cases where the generators will
> actually produce identical (infinite) sequences.
> The probability that this will ever actually happen
> is very small. (As in 2^{-20000} for lagged_fibonacci607)

Will this also be noted in the documentation?

Thanks for all the hard work,

Mostafa