Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] Type Traits Extension ending tomorrow
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-18 09:32:55

2011/3/17 Joel Falcou <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]>:
> Dear All,
>
> The fast track review of Frédéric Bron's extensions to the Type Traits
> Library is ending tomorrow.
> If you plan to submit a review, please do so as soon as possible.

Dear Joel, Frédéric, list,

I am clearly *in favor* of this extension (BTW what would be the
precise name for it?). I had fun evaluating it and trying a few
experiments. Alas as a result of those and the discussion on the list,
I reached a point where I feel I need some more time and I'd like to
see some more discussion on a point that I'd like to highlight:

Naming

(1) has_operator_xxx seems to be imprecise and misleading.
(2) has_operator_xxx introduces a redundant prefix 'has_operator' that
IMO is unnecessary
(3) If there are close relationships between Concepts and operator
traits their names should express this relation as well.

My current proposal is:

plus_assign_callable or even better
plus_assingable instead of has_operator_plus_assign
PlusAssignable Name for the concept

(I'm aware of: http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_46_1/libs/utility/operators.htm#less_than_comparable
for potential name clashes though.)

I'd like to elaborate more on my ideas on naming, but today I won't
have time. Therefore I'd like to ask for extension of the review until
Monday 03-21. If a general extension is not possible I request an
extension for the submission for my review.

Regards,
Joachim

--
Interval Container Library [Boost.Icl]