Subject: Re: [boost] [chrono] Interoperability with ICL and common concepts
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-18 06:45:14

2011/3/18 Vicente Botet <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>:

> I think however that you need to add the indirections as soon or later you
> will find a user that is unable to change the class she uses and need a
> configuration point.

Fortunately I already have suitable templates for (1) and (3) and also
(2) is already encapsulated in a function template that can easily be
changed for the a customization point (a template struct that allows
for partial template instantiation).

So basically I need to change very little except for extending
customization chapter in the docs.

> Between Boost friends I understand that this open
> configuration is not needed

and the kind of "mutual library agnosticism" based on common concepts
is a good thing for decoupled interoperable components.

This discussion has been a very insightful one for me. Many thanks to
you, Hinnant and Robert :)

Cheers,
Joachim

--