Subject: Re: [boost] Enums: naming question?
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-21 16:47:19

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Vicente BOTET <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I like the result_of trick. What I don't like too much is
> underlying_integer :(

Fortunately, my feelings aren't hurt *too* much :)

I will point out, with {native_enum, underlying_integer, scoped_enum}, that
I like the consistency of them all being "things" (i.e., nouns), rather than
adjectives. Robert Stewart suggested "underlying_storage", which I think is
still better than just plain "underlying", but (to me) less descriptive than
"underlying_integer".

At least now you have some alternatives to consider, though.

- Jeff